Friday, December 17, 2010

Wrong Way

"If you're not butting heads with the devil daily, you're probably just walking in the wrong direction." -Debbie Cannada, NAMB Missionary to West Virginia and Friend

Its the night before our church's Christmas program and you wouldn't believe the stuff that is happening! Half of the choir has been battling sickness, the other half has been working overtime, and no one has any money. Our weather has been colder than usual, but it warms up during the day so everyone is fighting illness. And if my video doesn't mix down tomorrow morning, it ain't happenin'!

I want to scream. I want to run away. I want to find someone to blame and relieve myself of all responsibility. And more than anything, I want to know why. And then I remember my friend and what she would tell me: If you're not butting heads with the devil daily, you're probably just walking in the wrong direction.

I like how the CEV puts 1 Peter 4:12-14, "Dear friends, don't be surprised or shocked that you are going through testing that is like walking through fire. Be glad for the chance to suffer as Christ suffered. It will prepare you for even greater happiness when he makes his glorious return. Count it a blessing when you suffer for being a Christian. This shows that God's glorious Spirit is with you."

When we walk as Jesus walked, we will be opposed. When we are opposed for the cause of Christ, we know then that the Holy Spirit is with us.

So, WOOHOO! God is with us and NOTHING can prevail against us. Praise God.
In the Potter's Hand,
JonWesley

No comments:

Post a Comment