Friday, January 13, 2012

Tim Tebow's Fire

This morning I heard the John Parr remake that sings "Tim Tebow's Fire burning in me."

Now, it seems Tebow is a "love him or hate him" kind of guy; I don't know many who are like, "Eh, whatever." They either love the guy, or he's a stain on the name of football (or Christianity, or both, depending on who you're talking to).

But I was thinking, nobody's ever wrote a song about the fire burning in me. No one has spoken out about my faith or my God because of me (that I know of, at least). Does my light shine in a way that makes people want to say ANYTHING about me, or the God I serve?

Love him or hate him, people are talking about Tebow and the God he claims to serve. And whether I believe him or not, he is pointing to the same God I strive to serve. Do I point to God the same way he does? Do I stand out when push comes to shove? Do I let my light shine so that others will see it and praise my Father in heaven?

Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment